Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I miss Toulouse!!

Friends!

My goodness, it is almost THANKSGIVING! And everyone knows what Thanksgiving means... Toulouse is out.

For those of you who do not know Toulouse, he is a turkey figurine that my grandmother has displayed every year for as long as I can recall. I have tried to find an equivalent of Toulouse online and this is as close as I have been able to come : http://www.krittersinthemailbox.com/animals/turkeys/fig1t.jpg .


Except Toulouse is not lacquered like that. And he's pretty big. He's a staple of Durrett holidays. And he's BACK.

Recently I celebrated my 19th birthday. Not too monumental of a year, that I cannot deny, but the day was wonderful and the company was great. All in all, it didn't feel very much like a birthday. I think this is due to the fact that I was not at home, not with m parents, and not showered with baked goods as any SBS student typically is. But that is perfectly alright with me. I had a great celebration, it was just different than what I am used to!

Currently I am waiting to receive a pair of shoes in the mail. ARGH! I hate being patient. I guess that implies that I am not being patient... I just am really thrilled about receiving these shoes.

I have recently discovered a new pet peeve of mine. Some of you readers who know me well may be surprised that I am just now realizing this about myself. But here goes: I hate it when people who are not smarter than me try to convince me, and themselves, that they are. These people look for ways to prove their wisdom and in the process make themselves look foolish (at least in my eyes). Granted, if someone is actually more intelligent than yours truly (which I have no problem admitting), I am perfectly content accepting their knowledge as superior to mine and henceforth more of an authority than mine. So there you go.

I want something to do.
I have way to much to do.
I want to want to do something that is on my to-do list.
There is nothing on my to-do list that I want to do.
This poses a problem..

All my love,
had

No comments:

Post a Comment