Sunday, September 2, 2012

i love target

Friends,

Since returning to College Station, my adoration of Target has grown ever stronger.  Who thought that was possible? I realize years from now I'll look back on my college days and laugh at the percentage of my closet that has come from Target, but at the moment, this place rocks.

First Target run of the semester, I purchased some ADORABLE new bracelets that I obviously documented on instagram. I've worn at least one stack every day since I purchased them.  The far left stack looks very rich and not cheaply made in the least. And the chevron stack is so now, with everything on earth sporting a chevron pattern these days. The assorted etched stack makes the most delightful jingle when worn all together.

left stack ($9.99)
middle stack ($4.99)
right stack ($9.99) (yellow- sold out)
This weekend, I was looking for a top to wear to the FREE Ben Rector/ Mayer Hawthorne concert (and the obvious destination for a new concert outfit is Target, duh). I came home with two new shirts (this one in white dot & this one in hyacinth violet), three new pair of underwear (sorry if that is too personal, but seriously, Target has GREAT lingerie & I am obsessed with the Gilligan & O'Malley lacy boy shorts), and a new handbag. Again, the handbag was documented on instagram.

Merona Croco Clutch in Mallard ($19.99)
The funny thing is that I have been scouring stores and internet alike looking for a green handbag.  I found a few Tory Burch bags in a great shade of green but I have a hard time forking over $500+ for a purse in a 'trendy' color that may not have a ton of staying power.  If I am going to spend that much on a bag, it better be a classic.  So you can only imagine the joy I had when stumbling upon this beautiful faux croc envelope clutch, costing only twenty dollars. It has a clip on faux leather strap in the same green, but I'm hoping/planning on replacing that with a silver chain link strap to make it a little more chic and glam.  I think I can find this strap on Etsy or eBay, but if y'all have any suggestions, let me know please! I can also take off the strap and carry it as a clutch, too.

Target has undoubtedly stepped up their game recently, and I can only look forward to seeing what they bring in for the fall.  I'm even more excited to see the Neimans/Target collab coming in the winter! Talk about a Target shopping spree...I'm going to go crazy.

Happy shopping! Tell me about some of your favorite Target success stories!

all my love,
HAD

No comments:

Post a Comment