Monday, January 13, 2014

a new venture: hand lettering

So handwriting has never been my strength. One might even dare to say that in the past, my handwriting has been my shortcoming. But for some odd reason, I have developed an interest in hand lettering and calligraphy.  One of my goals (I just hate the concept of resolutions) for 2014 is to develop some hand lettering skills and make it a new hobby/project of mine.

All around the web you can find pictures and inspiration for hand lettering.  Here is a round-up of some things that have struck my fancy, which can all be found on my pinterest:














And so I've played around with a little on my own too. I have SO far to go, but here's where I am at this point. I am very excited to learn more and more and more, especially with the four calligraphy books and lots of beginning tools I received for Christmas from family and friends.



Yay for new adventures!

all my love,
HAD

No comments:

Post a Comment